In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
First post here.
Here are a few amature observations.
1) What is very encouraging is that there were worries about C. Fuller, Holmes, JC Coleman, Jarrett, JGW, Painter, Tyler, Hughes, and Knowles would play and I think for the most part they played lights out.
2) This years offensive skill players are collectively the most explosive than I can remember. JC and Holmes are very quick. I think JC needs to get some more touches but I was very impressed with Holmes. I think one of his best plays is when he caught the swing pass in the first half and made a wiggle and got past the first guy. I didn't know he had that. I think he is the total package. Fast, quick, and tough. I thought that the offense ran the ball better out of the I or two tight end package rather than the spread and pistol.
Davis, Fuller, and Knowles played very fast. I know Davis had a drop but i think the light has come on for him The yards after the catch were great. I think that once Logan gets dialed in this offense could be off the charts because for the first time in a long time VT will be able to stretch the field. I think that is huge for the underneath routes and the running game. I believe teams will start to hesitate to put 8 in the box. They could not do that the past several years. Also, don't underestimate DJ Coles. He is a good receiver but I think he is VT best blocking wide reciever by far. I think that is why they did not run that many bubble screen as they have done in the past.
3) The whole front seven was very fast. Tyler and JGW were all over the place.
4) I concerntrated on the line and net of a few break downs, I thought they played very well.
5) Very frustrated about the three third downs where the ball started behind the line in the first half.
Once Logan gets dialed in, I think the offense is going to explode. With the D and good ST I think VT is a sleeping Giant.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports