In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 588
Online now 83 Record: 3748 (12/16/2013)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
While I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it, I'm disappointed that there won't be a Thursday night game this year. The atmosphere for Thursday nite games is always electric. I can only make it up from Texas for a few games each year but the Thursday night game was/is always one I tried/try to make. I hope they will resume in 2014.
I work with a Clemson fan and he told me Clemson asked specifically not to have Thursday night games. Their situation is similar to ours...somewhat remote, limited parking, late night. No doubt we have seen some terrific games on Thursday night in Blacksburg, but those games would have been just as exciting on a Saturday night.
I can see why Weaver would request no Thursday night games. It's a logistical nightmare and a long day for fans. I'll take night games in Lane over early day games any day. If we played all our games at 4:00 or 7:00 - 8:00, I'd be happy...
Saturday night game would be awesome!
I live 900 miles away so Thursday nite games were great for me. For our team, I lke this schedule:
1. New coaching staff to communicate with and them to our players. They will have a very orderly time gap to do this and a non orderly schedule can cause panic from time to time.
2. Two weeks rest. Time to clear the head.
3. Time to teach and heal each week.We have a lot of teaching to do..
4. Ticket holders have a much easier go of it(no midweek scheduling).
If I am going to take two days off work for a football game, I would prefer it be an away game that I can make a trip out of. Going to Atlanta for a Thursday night game sounds like fun. I would prefer we keep the Thursday night home games to once every two years if possible as it is usually one of our best match ups and they are very hard for the NOVA alumni to make...
I've always loved the Thursday night atmosphere, but agree with decision.
1. Much harder to get to Thursday night games.
2. Even though Thursday nights are fun, I prefer Saturday events....not as rushed and I get the whole day as gameday experience...Saturdays are cf IMO
3. Agree w others in that better for program...more opps for recruits to attend, not mixed up w NFL games, etc
If it is replaced with a Saturday night game then Im all for it. If it is another nooner then Per usual, Jim Weaver sucks
Now that the greedy arse NFL plays every Thursday night they have greatly devalued the exposure college teams got on Thursday night. Play UNC on Saturday at 7:30 or 8:00 and I'll be satisfied.
This post was edited by Fat Daddy 59 14 months ago
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports